Sardines cooked with herbs in a sauce with Japanese flavor.
- Cooking time
- 15 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- * otoshi-buta; may also cover with aluminum foil or other cover that will float
- Remove heads from sardines, rinse and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut spring onion, ginger, and lemon peel into long thin strips. Save some for garnish. Chop chili pepper.
- Heat (A) and 1 cup of water in a pan until it boils. Add sardines first, then add spring onion, ginger, lemon peel, and chili pepper.
- Cook sardines under drop-lid* until they become a glossy brown. Garnish with spring onions, ginger, and lemon peel.