A traditional side of rice, fried tofu, and vegetables.
- Cooking time
- 50 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- The thin deep-fried tofu may be replaced with fried egg or omitted if necessary.
- Wash the rice, then drain in a strainer for 30 minutes before transferring to the rice cooker or pot to cook.
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1 cm (1/2 in.) cubes.
Slice the thin deep-fried tofu into 2 cm (3/4 in.) long rectangles.
Peel the carrot and cut into 1 cm (1/2 in.) long rectangles.
Thinly slice the shiitake mushrooms.
Wash the burdock root well, then slice it very thinly and soak in water.
- Cut the mitsuba into 5 cm (2 in.) lengths.
- Place the rice into the rice cooker or pot, then add (A) and (2) and cook until the rice is done.
- Stir until the ingredients are mixed well, then serve with the mitsuba scattered on top.