The classic Chinese dish, made with seafood.
- Cooking time
- 40 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Shell and devein the shrimp; remove the skin from the squid, score diagonally, then cut into 3 cm (1-1/2 in.) pieces.
Put the shrimp and squid in (A) and set aside.
- Reconstitute the shiitake mushrooms in warm water, remove the stems, then cut diagonally into thin slices.
Cut the bamboo shoot into thin slices, then parboil.
Coarsely cut the cabbage and cut the carrot into bite-sized pieces. Remove the strings from the snow peas.
- Remove the squid and shrimp from (A), pat dry, then lightly sprinkle with starch.
Heat the salad oil in a wok or large pan, then cook until the shrimp become pink and remove the squid and shrimp.
- Add salt and the snow peas to the wok and quickly stir-fry.
Add 1/2 cup boiling water and cook until the color brightens slightly. Then pour into a colander.
- Clean the wok, then add the sesame oil.
Crush the ginger and garlic, then saute them over low heat, removing when fragrant.
- Add the carrot and saute, then add the shiitake mushrooms, bamboo shoots and cabbage.
Mix (B) together, then add to the wok.
Add the squid, shrimp and quail eggs and allow to simmer.
Return the snow peas, then remove from heat and serve.