A deeply flavorful French onion soup made with soy sauce.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Slice and toast the French bread.
- Thinly slice the onion, then place in a heat-safe container with 1 Tbsp of butter placed on top; seal with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes at 500 W.
- Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a frying pan and stir-fry the onions (2) on medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
When the moisture is gone, place over low heat and saute for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix together (A) and allow the bouillon cube to dissolve.
Slowly add to (3) and season with the Kikkoman Soy Sauce and white pepper.
- Pour the soup into a heat-safe container.
Sprinkle cheese on the French bread and float the bread on top of the soup.
Place the container in a heated oven (or toaster oven) and heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese melts.