A cute and delicious strawberry shortcake for that special occasion.
- Cooking time
- 50 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Thinly smear some butter in a cake mold, being careful to cover all sides.
Insert baking paper, matching it to the shape of the mold.
- Sift in some flour 2 times.
- Place the eggs and granulated sugar in a small bowl or pot.
Place this bowl in a pot of boiling water, indirectly heating the contents.
Continuously mix with an egg beater in order to remove bubbles.
Remove when the mixture becomes hot to the touch.
- Continue to beat and whip until the batter thickens and forms a ribbon when lifted.
- Continuously mix with a rubber spatula while continuing to sprinkle in the cake flour.
- Melt the butter, pour in and mix well with (5).
- Pour (6) into (1), then hold 2-3 cm (1 in.) from the surface of the tabletop and drop several times to remove air from within.
- Bake at 170 C (340 F) for 30-35 minutes on the middle rack of an oven.
- Remove from the mold, peel away the baking paper and leave to cool.
- Remove the stems from all strawberries.
Leaving 7 uncut, slice the remaining into 4-5mm (1/4 in.) thick pieces.
- Pour the cream from (A) into a bowl.
Place this bowl in a slightly larger bowl containing ice.
While adding the granulated sugar, beat until the cream has thickened and becomes slightly sticky.
- Cut (9) in half, and smear a desired amount of (11) on the lower level.
Arrange the sliced strawberries from (10) in a circle on top of the cream.
When complete, replace the top half.
- Smear the rest of (11) on the top level.
Dress with the remaining strawberries from (10) and the mint leaves.
After the shortcake cools, cut into individual slices before serving.