Meatballs and delightfully sweet turnips simmered in tomato sauce.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- First make the meatballs. Fry the chopped onions until soft and clear, then set aside to cool. Pour the bread crumbs in a bowl and dampen with the milk. Next, add in the ground pork, onions and the rest of the meatball ingredients. Knead together well, then form into edible size round balls.
- Heat the salad oil in a fry pan, add in (1) and cook and brown the surfaces.
- Leaving about 2 cm (3/4 in.) of the stem remaining, cut the leaves from the turnips. Peel the skin and divide equally in halves. Quickly boil the leaves, dip in cold water, dry and cut into 3 cm (1 in.) lengths. Break apart the shimeji mushrooms into bite-size pieces.
- Melt the butter in a pot, fry the onions until soft and clear. Add in the shimeji mushrooms and turnips. Make sure the oil is spread well across all the ingredients, then add in (2) and the white wine.
- Crushing the whole peeled tomatoes by hand, add to the pot. Once boiling, add in (B) and cover. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the turnip leaves and simmer for a short while. Serve in a bowl.