A simple and delicious traditional Japanese vegetable side dish.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Cut the eggplant in half and insert a lattice design into the skin.
- Remove the seeds and insides from the kabocha squash. Cut into wedges.
- Peel the lotus root and cut into 1 cm (1/2 in) thick rounds.
- Peel the skin from the hard section of the green asparagus, then cut in half.
- Remove the stem from the shiitake mushrooms. Cut into desired shape for decorative purposes.
- Remove the stem from the red chili pepper, then cut into small pieces. Cut the ginger into thin sticks.
- Mix (A) and (6) in a bowl forming the marinade sauce.
- Roast all the vegetables over direct heat. Peel the green pepper, remove the stem and cut into 8 pieces.
- Soak and season the vegetables in the marinade for 15 minutes before serving.