Assorted root vegetables with pork.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Peel the taro and cut into 5-6 cm (2 in) thick pieces. Massage by hand with some salt and rinse clean.
- Cut both the daikon radish and carrot into 5-6 cm (2 in) wedges. Douse the aburaage in hot water to reduce some of the oil content, then cut into strips.
- Cut the pork into large, bite size pieces.
- Heat (A) in a pot. Move around frequently with long chopsticks and scoop away any scum that forms on the surface. Add in (1) and (2) and simmer over low heat for 12-13 minutes. Season with soy sauce, add in the spring onion and sprinkle in a desired amount of shichimi. Serve immediately.