Warm up with this creamy Japanese hotpot!
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Cut the pork into large bite size pieces.
- Cut the kabocha squash into 5 mm (1/4 in) thick wedges.
- Cut the hakusai leaves from the stems, then cut the leaves into 6-7 cm (2.5 in) lengths and the stems into (2 in) 5-6 cm long and 1 cm (1/2 in) wide pieces. Cut the carrot and daikon radish into half circles.
- Slice the spring onion into 5 cm (2 in) long chunks and break apart the shimeji mushrooms. Cut the abura-age into strips.
- Pour (A) in the nabe pot, add in (1), (2) and (3) and heat. Once lightly boiling, add in the hoto udon noodles, then the miso (stir in) and finally (4).
- Once the noodles have softened, season with a desired amount of shichimi and enjoy.