Savory blend of meat sauce, eggplant, and rice covered with melted cheese
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Cut the eggplant into slices roughly 4 mm (about 1/16 in.) thick.
Dry the pieces of eggplant with a paper towel, removing excess moisture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, then add the eggplant and brown slightly before removing them.
- Put the butter into the pan and cook the ground beef until browned.
Return the eggplant to the pan along with the tomatoes.
Then add the bouillon cube and bay leaf.
- When brought to a boil, bring the heat to low and skim the top while mixing frequently for the next 7 to 8 minutes.
Add the seasonings listed under (A) to the pot.
- Place rice into a casserole dish or other oven-safe dish, then cover the rice with the contents of the pan.
Cover the top with a layer of shredded cheese and then put the dish into a toaster oven, setting the toaster timer for 6 to 8 minutes.
To prevent any burnt sections, lightly cover the dish with aluminum foil before placing into the oven.