A British favorite given a slight Japanese makeover with soy sauce-based seasonings and panko breadcrumbs.
- Cooking time
- 50 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Add seasonings listed under (A) to beef and hand knead to thoroughly to evenly season meat.
- Grate the onion, and then mix with 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs to make a paste-like mixture. Then add these ingredients and 1/2 an egg to beef and mix. When done place inside a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Dry cooled hard boiled eggs to remove excess moisture, and then lightly coat with flour.
- Separate beef into 8 even parts and then coat the eggs with beef, shaping them into evenly rounded ovals. After laying out the ingredients for breading, coat each ball with flour, then with the beated egg, and then lastly panko breadcrumbs. Repeat process for remaining eggs.
- Heat oil to medium and deep fry each egg for 3 to 4 minutes. When the outside becomes an even brown color and crispy remove from the fryer.
- Cut each egg in half and plate, using parsley for garnish. Mix the ingredients under (B) to make a serving sauce.