Tasty pan-fried meatloaf wrapped in a crispy, flaky pie crust.
- Cooking time
- 40 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Dice onion, then saute in butter. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature once onions softly and slightly brown.
- Soak panko breadcrumbs in milk.
- Place pie sheets into the refrigerator to thaw if frozen.
- Mix ground meat, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Add diced onions, panko-milk mixture, and egg to meat and mix.
- Divide meat into four equal parts, and then shape into small discs with a tiny indent in the middle.
- Place oil into a frying pan and over high heat brown both sides of all meatloaf patties. Remove from heat and let cool fully to room temperature.
- Make the sauce by placing all three ingredients under (A) into a cooking pot and then adding heat. Stir slightly to ensure ingredients are mixed together fully, and once boiling, turn off heat.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius/400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place pie sheets onto a cutting board or other even sterile surface. Center each patty onto a pie crust and then wrap the crust around the meat. Glaze the top of each pie crust with the beated egg and then make small openings in the surface of each pie crust with a bamboo skewer or other thin object. Place the pies into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. When crust turns golden remove from oven and plate. Serve with sauce and side of vegetables as desired.