Soy sauce and orange form a perfect match in this fragrant and delicious chiffon cake.
- Cooking time
- 60 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Whip together egg yolks and powdered sugar, then cut with vegetable oil and continue mixing until a mayonnaise-like consistency is achieved. Once this is done, add in fresh orange juice and orange rinds.
- Mix together ingredients under (B) and then add to the mixture from (1).
- To make meringue, in a separate bowl, whip egg whites until frothy, then add in powdered sugar in 3 stages of equal portions, being sure to fully whip the mixture between each addition.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue to the heavier mixture created in (2) and mix. Once fully mixed together, add another 1/3 of the meringue to this mixture. Add ingredients under (D) to the remaining 1/3 of meringue and then simply pour into the mixed batter without mixing together.
- Pour combined mixture from (4) into a chiffon cake mold and place into a preheated 170 degree Celsius over and bake for 40 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and allow to cool. Remove from mold and plate.
- Slice cake and serve alongside whipped cream and mint leaves.