A Japanese-style pasta with the rich aroma of fried soy sauce.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Bake walnuts in an oven toaster or broiler for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to burn. Grate Parmesan cheese.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Thinly slice garlic and quickly fry to infuse butter with aroma of garlic. Remove garlic and quickly fry pine nuts until they are lightly browned.
- Using the same fry pan as in (2), heat soy sauce, turning off the heat when it begins to bubble.
- Add ingredients from (1), (2), and half of the olive oil to a food processor and blend well. Quickly blend in soy sauce from (3) and remaining olive oil.
- Pour mixture from (4) in a bowl. Add boiled pasta*, mix well and top with Parmesan cheese.
* Fill pan with water (use more than 1 liter (4 1/4 cups) of water per 100 grams of pasta) and bring to a boil. Add salt (10g (.3 oz) per 1 liter (4 1/4) of water) and boil pasta. To keep from over cooking, set timer for one minute under recommended cooking time and then adjust until pasta is done to liking.