The delicate, natural sweetness of pumpkin makes tis pudding hard to resist.
- Cooking time
- 60 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- (cooling time no included in cooking time)
- Remove seeds and skin from pumpkin and cut into largish bite-size pieces. Place in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high (500W) for three minutes.
- Beat together the whole egg and egg yolk. Mix thoroughly with pumpkin (1).
- In a microwave-safe dish, mix together milk, heavy cream and sugar. Microwave on high for two minutes until the mixture begins to boil then mix with pumpkin mixture (2).
- In a pan, melt sugar from (A) on medium heat. When sugar begins to brown, add water and allow to boil slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Pour pumpkin mixture from (3) into single serving oven-safe dishes. Pour hot water in the bottom of a baking pan and place dishes on pan. Bake in oven at 150C (300F) for 30-40 minutes. Remove and cool in refrigerator. When cool, top with caramel from (4).
(*As an alternative, pour caramel from (4) into dishes first. Once cool, add pumpkin mixture from (3) and then bake.)