Sweet, refreshing and healthy!
- Cooking time
- 40 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Cut off top and peel carrot. Slice into 2 mm (1/10 inch) thick circles.
- Combine carrot slices (1), sugar and 1 cup of water in heavy pan, cover with lid and heat. When water comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for ten minutes until carrot slices soften.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in 2 Tbsp of water.
- Combine gelatin (3) to pan with carrot slices (2) and continue mixing until gelatin is completely dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Place carrot and gelatin mix (4) in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and set in larger bowl of water to cool.
- Cut mandarin oranges in half and squeeze on lemon juice.
- Add oranges (7) to carrot jelly (6), mix and spoon into individual cups. Place in refrigerator to set. Decorate with mint leaves before serving.