Tasty and sweet, but not too heavy
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Cooking time does not include time for resting dough.
- Remove seeds and skin, cut pumpkin into large bite-sized pieces, place in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and cook on high (500W) for 1 minute.
- Stir butter until creamy, then blend together with sugar.
- Beat egg, then blend in with butter (2).
- Add flour and pumpkin (1) to butter mix (3) and lightly mix together.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and allow to rest in refrigerator for one hour.
- Roll out dough between pieces of plastic wrap to a thickness of 7mm (1/5 inch). Use a cookie cutter (pumpkin shaped if available) to cut out cookies.
- Bake cookies in oven at 180C (350F) for ten minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.