Mildly spicy with a sweet and sour hint of apricot.
- Cooking time
- 40 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Dice onion, place in microwave-safe dish, add salad oil and mix. Cover with plastic wrap, cook on high for two minutes and set aside to cool. Dice dried apricots.
- Combine all ingredients from (A) in a bowl, mix thoroughly and then spread out evenly in a casserole dish.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, add milk and salt then mix until light foam begins to form. Pour over meat mixture (2).
- Sprinkle sliced almonds over top of meatloaf and then place bay leaves on top.
- Preheat oven to 180C (355F), place dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes. (When top of meatloaf is sufficiently browned, cover with aluminum foil and bake for remainder of time.)