Potato gratin made with a creamy white sauce.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Peel potatoes, wrap in plastic cooking wrap and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until they soften. Chop into 2 cm (3/4) cubes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute sliced onion until soft. Add potatoes (1), seasoning with Kikkoman Soy Sauce and pepper while continuing to saute.
- To make white sauce, melt butter in a pan, add flour and mix together. Turn off heat when the mixture begins to become firm. Pour in milk and stir together ingredients using a whisk. On medium heat, use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan while stirring the mixture, continuing until the mixture begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine sauted onions and potatoes (2) with half of white sauce (3) and pour into a gratin dish which has been coated with butter.
- Pour remaining white sauce (3) over the gratin, top with shredded cheese and bake at 180C (360F) for 10 minutes or until the top is browned.