Hearty and delicious, this gratin is sure to become a favorite.
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Thinly slice onion, remove stem and separate shimeji mushrooms. Boil spinach in lightly salted water and cut into 4cm (1 1/2 inch) portions. Boil macaroni.
- Melt butter in a fry pan and saute onion and shimeji mushrooms. Sprinkle flour over the top, stir while continuing to cook.
- Combine ingredients from (A) with mixture (2) and bring to a boil. Add spinach and macaroni from (1) and let boil for 1 minute.
- Lightly sprinkle salmon fillets with salt and pepper and fry on both sides on medium heat until cooked through.
- Pour gratin mix (3) into an oven-safe dish and place salmon fillets on top. Top with shredded cheese. Set toaster oven to 200C (390F) and broil gratin until cheese is golden brown.