Makes full use of the savoriness of the bacon
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Cut the eggplants into 7 mm (1/4 in.) rounds, sprinkle with salt and put aside. Dry with paper towels. Cut the bacon into 3 cm (1 in.) pieces, and hit the garlic until crushed. Crush the tomatoes by hand, and remove the seeds and stems.
- Place and heat the olive oil, garlic and red chili pepper in a pan, and slowly saute. When the garlic is browned, remove it together with the red chili pepper.
- Add the bacon, and when cooked through, add the eggplant and stir fry together. Add the tomatoes when the egg plant is browned.
- While sometimes mixing together, cook until the liquid is reduced by 1/3. Boil the spaghetti in boiling water with 2 Tbsp of salt (extra), add to the pan, then quickly combine and serve on plates. When combining the spaghetti and sauce, the sauce adheres more easily if some of the water used to boil the spaghetti is added.