Taste the full flavor of the ingredients with Hon Tsuyu
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Cut the turnip so that 2 cm (3/4 in.) of the stalk is left, peel and then cut into 16 equal pieces.
- Scrape off the skin of the burdock root, cut diagonally into thin slices and immerse in a vinegar-water solution. Cut the carrot in half lengthwise and thinly slice. Thinly slice the konnyaku, parboil and skim off the foam.
- Cut pork into bite-size pieces, and sprinkle with 1/2 Tbsp of sake.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pot and saute (2). Add (3) after everything is oiled. When the color of the pork changes, put in (1) and saute together.
- Add 1 Tbsp of sake and 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) of water to (4), and cook until the vegetables become soft.
- Adjust the flavor of the soup with the Hon Tsuyu, then pour the soup into bowls. Add seven spice chili pepper or powdered Japanese pepper, if desired.