Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside
- Cooking time
- 150 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Boil the pork in a large quantity of hot water with the Japanese long onion and fresh ginger for about 5 minutes. Then remove the pork from the water and coat with soy sauce.
- Heat a pot and put in the oil. Cook the pork (1) until its edges become crisp.
- Put the pork (2) into a bowl, add (A), then wrap and steam for 2 hours.
- Cool the pork (3) and cut it into 2 cm (3/4 in.) cubes. Cover the cubes with starch and fry them in oil.
- Mix (B) together well, heat it in a wok and bring to a gentle boil. Add th fried pork (4) and coat. Add starch dissolved in water to adjust the thickness, if needed. Finish up with 1/2 Tbsp of oil.
* Garnish with komatsuna or spinach, if available.