A spicy cake with a grown up taste
- Cooking time
- 180 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- * This recipe makes 2 stollen loaves.
* The recommended total time to allow the dough to rise is 40 to 50 minutes. The dough does not have to rise to double its original size.
- Soak the raisins and dried fruit in the brandy.
- Put all the ingredients for the flour (A) into a bowl, and add the egg, soy sauce and room-temperature milk. Knead until the dough is no longer powdery and lifts up from the bowl.
- Add the butter and knead the dough further. Round the dough and let it rise for 10 to 15 minutes to make it easier to form.
- Roast the walnuts.
- After it has finished rising, punch down the dough and divide it into 2 loaves. Spread the dough of each loaf, and mix in (1), (4) and almonds into each. Round the loaves and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Gently stretch and spread the dough with the palms of your hands, and use a rolling pin to form ovals. Place the rolling pin in the center of each oval and fold in half to create semi-circles.
- Allow each loaf to rise again until they have risen to double their original size.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 170 C (340 F) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When they have completely cooled, coat their surfaces with powdered sugar until white.