With rich parmesan cheese
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Make the tomato sauce (A).
Remove seeds from whole tomatoes and coarsely smash.
Mince the onion, then place in a pot with the olive oil and half the basil.
When tender, add the whole tomatoes and salt, and stew for 10 minutes.
Cook while stirring with a wooden spatula, and add the remaining basil for the finishing touch.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into 3 mm (1/8 in.) thick pieces.
Thinly cover with bread flour, and cook with olive oil until lightly browned.
Remove excess oil with paper towels, then lightly salt.
- Arrange zucchini in a heat-resistant container, then evenly layer on 2 Tbsp of tomato sauce and sprinkle with about 1 Tbsp of parmesan cheese.
Repeat this two times.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in an oven at 200 C (390 F) until browned.