- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- 0.6 g
- * Calories and sodium are for one serving.
- * Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- amberjack2 fillets
- Japanese long onion / negi1
- shishito peppers4
- salad oilas needed
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce1 Tbsp
- Kikkoman Manjo Aji-Mirin1 Tbsp
- sugar1/2 Tbsp
Recipe by HISAKO, Food Stylist
- Cut the long onion into 3 cm (1-1/4 in.) lengths. Slice cuts into the shishito peppers. Heat the salad oil in a frying pan, then stir fry and remove the onions and peppers.
Fry the amberjack
- Add oil to the frying pan from (1), then fry the amberjack skin-side down until browned. Flip over, and when the other side is also browned, cover the pan with a lid and cook over low heat until cooked through. Once cooked through, wipe up any excess oil.
- Add the sauce (A) to (2), then coat the amberjack while cooking over medium heat, making sure the fish does not burn. Serve the amberjack on dishes cover with the remaining sauce from the pan and garnished with (1).