- Cooking time
- 50 minutes
- * Calories and sodium are for one serving.
- * Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- chicken breast50 g (1-3/4 oz.)
- bacon block20 g (3/4 oz.)
- chorizo (may substitute any sausage)30 g (1 oz.)
- uncooked rice250 ml (1 US cup)
- onion (minced)1/10 bulb
- celery (minced)5 cm (2 in.)
- carrot (minced)2 cm (about 3/4 in.)
- green bell pepper (minced)1/2
- whole kernel corn30 g (1 oz.)
- salad oil2 Tbsp
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce1 Tbsp
- salt2 pinches
- white peppera dash
- Cajun spice1 tsp
Recipe by Yukie Okada, Food Stylist
- Wash the rice and then place in a colander to drain.
- Cut the chicken into 1 cm (1/2 in.) cubes and the bacon into 5 mm (1/4 in.) cubes. Slice the chorizo into 5 mm (1/4 in.) wide rounds.
Stir-fry ingredients and rice
- Heat the salad oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then stir-fry (2). When the color of the chicken changes, add and stir-fry the onions, celery, carrots and bell peppers. Add (1) and stir-fry together. Then remove from heat and allow to cool for a while.
- Put (3) in a rice cooker, then add and mix in 250 ml (about 1 US cup) of water and (A). Cook as normal. If you do not have a rice cooker, cook the rice together with (A) as normal in a pot. When the rice has finished cooking, add and mix in the corn.