- Cooking time
- 35 minutes
- 0.4 g
- * Calories and sodium are for one serving.
- * Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- ground pork100 g (3-1/2 oz.)
- frozen pie sheet (defrosted; 18 cm x 18 cm (7 in. x 7 in.))1
- egg yolkfrom 1 egg
- jam (cranberry, etc.)optional
- sage leavesoptional
- onion (minced)50 g (1/4 bulb (1-3/4 oz.))
- sage (finely chopped)2 leaves
- scallion (finely chopped)7 g (1 stalk (1/4 oz.))
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce1 tsp
- white peppera dash
- nutmeg powdera dash
Recipe by HISAKO, Food Stylist
- Place the ground pork and all of the ingredients in (A) into a bowl, and mix the ingredients together firmly by hand.
- Flour a surface, and roll out the pie sheet with a rolling pin until 3 mm (about 1/4 in.) thick. Use a cup or other round object about 6 cm (2-1/2 in.) in diameter to cut out 5 to 6 pieces from the sheet, rolling out the sheet again for a total of 12 pieces. Gently poke their surfaces with a fork.
- Place 6 of them on a baking sheet, then place 1 Tbsp of (1) on top of each. Cover with a remaining pie sheet cutout. Do the same for the 5 other cutouts. With the back of a fork facing downward, press all around the edges of the dough with the tip of the fork. Beat the egg yolk and brush it on the surface.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 200 C (390 F) for 20 minutes until browned. If desired, garnish with some cranberry jam and sage leaves to serve.