- Cooking time
- 43 minutes
- * Calories and sodium are for one serving.
- * Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- spaghetti160 g (about 5-1/2 oz.)
- canned whole tomatoes400 g (about 14 oz.)
- onion1/2 bulb
- garlic1 clove
- olive oilas needed
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce1/2 tsp
- white peppera dash
- fresh basil5 to 6 leaves
Recipe by HISAKO, Food Stylist
Prepare the ingredients
- Mince the onion and garlic.
Make the tomato sauce
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then saute (1) over low heat until lightly browned.
- Add all of the whole tomatoes and stir while crushing them. Once it comes to a boil, place over low-medium heat. Boil until half the liquid has evaporated, then add and stir the soy sauce and pepper, and remove from heat. Add as much shredded basil as desired and remove from heat.
Boil the spaghetti and then dress
- Add 1 Tbsp of salt (not included in ingredients) to a large amount of boiling water. Cook the spaghetti for the directed amount of time, then place in a colander to drain.
- Add the spaghetti (4) to the frying pan (3) and dress well. Sprinkle in a little olive oil to finish, and serve on plates garnished with basil.