- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 1.2 g
- * Calories and sodium are for one serving.
- * Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- rice vermicelli (rice noodles) (dry)30 g (1 oz.)
- horse mackerel1
- cucumber50 g (1-3/4 oz.)
- tomato100 g (3-1/2 oz.)
- bean sprouts125 g (1/2 bag (about 4-1/2 oz.))
- lettuce75 g (1/4 head (about 2-3/4 oz.))
- mint leaves5 g (1/2 package (about 1/4 oz.))
- cilantro (coriander leaves) (chopped)2 twigs
- lemongrass (finely chopped)1 piece (3 g (1/8 oz.))
- garlic (minced)1 tsp (2 g)
- onion (minced)1 tsp (3 g)
- salt1/2 tsp
(B) Sweet vinegar sauce
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce1 Tbsp
- vinegar1 Tbsp
- water1 Tbsp
- sugar1 Tbsp
- garlic (grated)1 clove (8 g)
- red chili pepper (finely chopped)1 (3 g)
- peanuts (chopped)1 Tbsp (5 g)
Recipe by HISAKO, Food Stylist
- Reconstitute the rice vermicelli in water, then cook following the directions on its package, drain and cut into easy-to-eat lengths. Cut the cucumber diagonally into 5 mm (1/4 in.) widths and the tomato into 5 mm (1/4 in.) half-rounds. Cut the lettuce into easy-to-eat pieces. Remove the roots from the bean sprouts and lightly boil in boiling water.
Grill horse mackerel
- Remove the scales and gills from the horse mackerel, then take out any organs, wash and dry well. Combine (A) and coat all of the mackerel, including inside the stomach. Grill the fish and separate the flesh from the bone.
- Place (1), (2), the mint and cilantro on dishes, and garnish with the sweet vinegar sauce (B) and topping (C).