- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- 0.4 g
- * Calories and sodium are for one serving.
- * Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- beef round250 g (8-3/4 oz.)
- potatoes (medium)2
- red onion (medium)180 g (6-1/4 oz.)
- tomato (small)120 g (4-1/4 oz.)
- garlic (minced)2 cloves
- cilantro (minced)5 g (1/4 oz.)
- cooking oilas needed
- salad oil3 Tbsp
- cumin powdera dash
- white peppera dash
- salt1/2 tsp
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce1 Tbsp
- vinegar2 tsp
Recipe by Yukie Okada, Food Stylist
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 6 to 8 wedges. Cut the red onions along the grain into 5 mm (1/4 in.) widths. Cut the tomato into 8 wedges. Cut the beef to match the size and shape of the potatoes.
- Heat some cooking oil to 170 C (340 F), then fry the potatoes and drain the oil.
- Heat the salad oil in a pot and stir-fry the beef over high heat. Add the garlic, cumin powder and white pepper to the beef and stir-fry together, then add the red onions and tomatoes and stir-fry further for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add (3) and the cilantro, then sauté together with the salt, Kikkoman Soy Sauce and vinegar.