- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- 1.3 g
- * Calories and sodium are for one serving.
- * Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- mutton (may substitute beef or fish)250 g (8-3/4 oz.)
- onion1/2 bulb
- salad oil1 Tbsp
- peanut butter (sugar-free)150 g (5-1/4 oz.)
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce1 tsp
- chili powder1/2 tsp
- bouillon (cube)1 cube
- cooked rice (warm)as desired
- parsley (minced)optional
- tomato paste1/2 Tbsp
- dried shrimp powder (may substitute crushed dried shrimp)2 tsp
- salt1/4 tsp
- black peppera dash
Recipe by Yukie Okada, Food Stylist
- Thinly slice the onion. Cut the mutton into bite-size pieces.
Sauté and cook
- Heat the salad oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the mutton. Add the onions and (A), then sauté together for 3 minutes.
- Pour in 500 ml (about 2-1/4 US cups) of water and cook for 7 minutes uncovered. Then add the peanut butter and Kikkoman Soy Sauce and cook further for 12 minutes.
- Add the chili powder and bouillon, and simmer over low heat until oil starts floating on the surface for 5 minutes. Serve on top of the cooked rice sprinkled with parsley.