TERIYAKI TOFU HAMBURGER
228 kcal Protein 18.4 g Fat 12.2 g (per person)
- 1 t vegetable oil
- 90-100 g (about 2/3 C) minced onion
- 200 g (7 oz.) firm tofu
- 250 g (9 oz.) ground chicken meat
- 1 t juice of grated ginger
- 1/3 t salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 t Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1/2 beaten egg
- 1/4 C panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 T Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 T Kikkoman Manjo Mirin
- 1 T sake
- Grated daikon, shiso (perilla), if desired
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Sauté onion over low heat and remove from pan and cool.
- Place tofu in boiling water and break into several pieces using a spoon or wooden ladle; boil for 3 minutes. Place a cloth over a colander and drain the tofu for 10 minutes.
- Place ground chicken in a bowl and mix with seasoning ingredients. Add beaten egg, bread crumbs, onion and tofu one at a time in this order, and mix. Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal portions and form each into an oval patty.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the patties over medium heat. When the patties turn brown, lower heat. Turn the patties over and continue to cook.
- Add sauce ingredients to the pan and turn up heat to medium, and cook briefly making sure the sauce covers the patties entirely.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with grated daikon and shiso, or other desired vegetables.
Recipe by Kikkoman Corporation
1 C (U.S. cup) = approx. 240 ml; 1 T = 15 ml; 1 t = 5 ml