- Grand Festival Held at Kotohira Shrine
- Kikkoman’s LumitesterTM Upholds Industry Standards
- 2004 U.S.-Japan Food Distribution Symposium Held
- Chiba-Wisconsin Association Established
- Kikkoman Institute Holds Food Culture Seminar
- Kikkoman Soymilk Tastiest in U.S.
- California Plant Wins ISO14001
- President & CEO Mogi is ACCJ’s 2003 Person of the Year
Chiba-Wisconsin Association Established
On May 29, a meeting for the foundation of the Chiba-Wisconsin Association was held at a hotel in Chiba City. Approximately 100 representatives from business, academic and cultural circles in Chiba Prefecture were in attendance. The Association is an organization of citizens committed to exchange with the U.S. state of Wisconsin, which has a sister affiliation with Chiba. The ties that Chiba and Wisconsin commenced in 1990 have strengthened through friendship missions.
Yuzaburo Mogi, an honorary ambassador to Wisconsin and chairman and CEO of Kikkoman Corp. (formerly president and CEO), was appointed the founding chairman of the Association. Speaking at the meeting, Mr. Mogi said, “Communication at the regional level is vital to enabling people to make global friendships.” Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle sent a message saying: “I believe we can deepen our friendships further by taking full advantage of the power that comes from cooperation between the public and private sectors.”