- Grand Festival Held at Kotohira Shrine
- Kikkoman’s LumitesterTM Upholds Industry Standards
- 2004 U.S.-Japan Food Distribution Symposium Held
- Chiba-Wisconsin Association Established
- Kikkoman Institute Holds Food Culture Seminar
- Kikkoman Soymilk Tastiest in U.S.
- California Plant Wins ISO14001
- President & CEO Mogi is ACCJ’s 2003 Person of the Year
Kikkoman’s LumitesterTM Upholds Industry Standards
Kikkoman Corporation’s “LumitesterTM” analysis system has been included in the publication Standard Methods of Analysis in Food Safety Regulation, Microbes Edition, supervised by Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.
The LumitesterTM ATP (adenosine triphosphate) swab method system was developed by Kikkoman, and makes it possible to judge levels of cleanliness in food processing environments on a real-time basis. This method makes use of luciferase, an enzyme derived from fireflies, and has become widely accepted as a monitoring technique to guard against secondary contamination of food processing sites. The LumitesterTM system is now considered the standard tool in this market, and is used by organizations such as Japan’s Public Health and Welfare Offices and the Japan Food Hygiene Association.