A sophisticated side consisting of yellowtail and Japanese daikon radish.
- Cooking time
- 25 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- * A drop lid is a lid that floats on top of the liquid in pans while simmering foods. It allows heat to be evenly distributed so ingredients cook evenly and quickly. You can purchase one, or make a substitute out of aluminum foil.
- Peel the daikon radish and cut into 1-1/2 cm (1/2 in.) thick half-circle slices.
- Place the daikon radish into a heat-safe bowl or plate, and microwave (600 W) wrapped and sprinkled with 2 Tbsp of water for 4 minutes.
- Cut the yellow tail into 2 or 3 pieces each, then sprinkle with salt (extra amount) and set aside for 5 minutes.
Pat with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Thinly slice half of the ginger, and julienne the rest.
- Cook (A) and (2) together in a pot, and add (3) when it starts to boil.
Remove any scum that floats to the surface, then add the thinly sliced ginger and cover with a drop lid*.
Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
Remove the lid and cook over high heat to cook away liquid.
- Garnish with the julienned ginger and serve.
Daikon radish half-circle slices
Thinly sliced ginger