Simmered to chewy and delicious in a sweet & savory sauce.
- Cooking time
- 70 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- *A drop lid is a lid that floats on top of the liquid in pots and pans while simmering foods. It allows heat to be evenly distributed so ingredients cook evenly and quickly. You can purchase one, or make a substitute out of aluminum foil.
- Place the octopus onto a cutting board and pound with the daikon radish.
- Sprinkle some salt onto the octopus, massage in well and then rinse to remove sliminess. Cut the octopus into easy to eat pieces. Grate the daikon radish.
- Fill a pot up with water, place the octopus and daikon radish (2) inside. Parboil for 30 minutes, drain in a colander and rinse with water.
- In a separate pot mix together the dashi, soy sauce and mirin then add in (3). Cover with a drop-lid*, simmer for 30 minutes then serve into bowls and top with the julienned perilla leaves.
※ Add some mirin using a circular motion just before turning off the heat for added sweetness and glaze.