- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 1.0 g
- * Calories and sodium are for one serving.
- * Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- * Nutrition information does not include additional toppings.
- ground beef300 g (10-1/2 oz.)
- hamburger buns2
- lettuce1 leaf
- tomatoes (1 cm (about 1/2 in.) thick slices)2
- salt1/4 tsp
- white peppera dash
- salad oil1 Tbsp
- butter10 g (about 1/2 oz.)
(A) Teriyaki sauce
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce1 Tbsp
- Kikkoman Manjo Aji Mirin1 Tbsp
- cooking sake1-1/2 Tbsp
- sugar1 tsp
(B) Starch water
- starch1/2 tsp
- water1 tsp
- potato chipsas desired
- picklesas desired
Recipe by Yukie Okada, Food Stylist
Make teriyaki sauce
- Cut the hamburger buns in half sideways if not pre-cut. Make the teriyaki sauce (A). Place the ingredients for the sauce in a pot and warm over medium heat. When it starts to boil and the sugar has dissolved, add the starch water (B) and stir to thicken.
- Put the ground beef in a bowl, add the salt and pepper, then combine together. Divide into two parts, and form into round patties, pressing to remove any trapped air.
- Heat the salad oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then cook both sides of (2) until cooked through.
- In another pan, melt the butter over medium heat, and place the hamburgers in cut-side down to brown them. Place the bottom buns on plates, then layer on shredded lettuce, tomatoes and (3). Pour on the teriyaki sauce (1) and put on the top buns. Serve with (C) or any other toppings.