Even simpler than rolled sushi, tekone (pronounced teh-koh-neh) sushi is just fish piled on rice, but still tastes great and is fun to eat.
- Cooking time
- 15 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Wash and drain the rice.
Add water and allow to it sit for at least 10 minutes before cooking.
Prepare the rice according to the directions.
- When the rice is cooked, place it into a bowl.
Sprinkle (A) on the rice and mix it in gently while constantly fanning the rice until well-mixed and cooled.
Cover with a wet cloth to prevent drying and set aside.
- Cut the fish into bite-size pieces.
Marinate in soy sauce for about five minutes.
Remove the fish and reserve the soy sauce to season the sushi rice.
- Chop the perilla leaves and vinegared ginger slices into thin strips and set aside.
- Pour the soy sauce from step 4 over the sushi rice, and gently mix in.
Add the chopped perilla leaves, ginger and sesame seeds, and mix together.
Finally, add the marinated fish and stir in without breaking up the fish.
Serve in shallow bowls or a serving dish.