These fritters are tasty and provide plenty of nutrition.
- Cooking time
- 25 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Yamato-imo (also called nagaimo) and wood ear mushrooms (kikurage) can be found at oriental grocery stores and health food stores. Yamato-imo is also often sold as a powder. Wood ear mushrooms are often sold dry; reconstitute before using.
- Break up and cook the tofu in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
Remove excess water by placing under a plate or cutting board for 10 minutes or so.
- Rinse the shrimp in water, devein and chop.
- Mince the wood ear mushroom and chop the chives into small pieces.
- Place the tofu, yamato-imo and (A) in a food processor and process for about 1 minute.
Put in a bowl and add (2) and (3), then mix.
- Bring the oil to 170 C (340 F).
Add (4) a spoonful at a time and fry.
- Pile on a plate, and add grated daikon as a side, if desired.