Crispy eggplant fritters filled with ground beef to add an additional layer of savoriness
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Slice eggplants to create 5mm (about 1/4 inch) thick slices.
- Add the seasonings under (A) to the ground beef and thoroughly mix. Add green perilla and continue mixing.
- Put flour into a re-sealable plastic bag and then place eggplant slices into bag and shake, thoroughly coating all sides.
- Sandwich just enough ground beef in between two floured pieces of eggplant to create a uniform cylindrical shape.
- Mix the directed amounts under (B) of milk and flour in a bowl. Prepare a separate bowl or tray filled with panko breadcrumbs. Completely dip eggplants into milk-flour mixture, then fully coat with panko breadcrumbs. Repeat for all pieces.
- Heat oil to medium. Once heated, fry the breaded eggplants until all sides turn a golden-brown color. Set fried fritters onto a paper-toweled lined plate or rack to cool. Serve fritters with shredded cabbage, ketchup and Worcestshire (or Tonkatsu) sauce.