The delicious aroma of garlic and soy sauce makes this fried rice irresistible.
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Coarsely chop ham and Japanese long onion, and beat eggs.
- To make garlic-flavored soy sauce, thinly slice garlic cloves and then either cook in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes or lightly roast in pot/pan over the stove. Cook until color changes slightly and no longer moist . Place garlic slices into bowl of soy sauce, cover and place in refrigerator overnight. If kept refrigerated, this garlic-flavored soy sauce can be used for up to one week.
- Add oil to frying pan and heat. Stirring continuously, add Japanese long onion, then ham, and finally eggs. When eggs start to stiffen, add rice and stir. When ingredients are combined, add 1 1/2 Tbsp of the garlic-flavored soy sauce and continue to stir. Lastly, add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve on plate and top with sliced green onions as desired. Can also be garnished with soy sauce-flavored garlic slices.