A delicious ginger chiffon cake enhanced by the rich flavor and aroma of soy sauce.
- Cooking time
- 70 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Makes on 17cm (6.5 inch) chiffon cake
- Sprinkle cake pan lightly with flour (separate from amount above).
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon, (repeat twice).
- With a hand-mixer, mix together egg yolks and 50g (1 3/4 oz) of granulated sugar until mixture is foamy and whitish.
- Blend together salad oil, soy sauce, ginger juice and 2 Tbsp of water.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then fold in 30g (1 oz) of granulated sugar. Continue beating until egg whites form a stiff meringue.
- With a wooden spoon, combine oil and soy sauce mixture (4) to flour mixture (2). Stir in meringue (5) using a rubber spatula.
- Pour cake mix (6) into cake pan (1) and bake at 170C (340F) for around 40 minutes.
- Turn pan upside down onto a plate to remove cake. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Slice into single servings and top with whipped cream and cinnamon.