Naturally delicious with added soy milk
- Cooking time
- 25 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Lightly butter pudding molds.
- Put sugar (A) and half of water into pot, and put on medium heat. When edges start to brown, shake pot and stir together. Remove from heat and add remaining water. Pour evenly into molds (1).
- Cut sweet potato into 2 cm (3/4 in.) thick rounds, thickly peel and rinse with water, removing scum.
- Add (3) to plenty of water, and when it comes to boil, pour out hot water and add cool water again. Cook until soft and drain. Then quickly mash while still hot.
- Put soy milk and sugar into pot, and heat until sugar melts.
- Put eggs into bowl, whip whem, then add and combine with (5). Pass through fine strainer.
- Add (4) to (6), and combine with soy sauce and, if available, vanilla extract and cinammon powder. Then pour into (2).
- Put (7) into heated steamer and steam covered for 2 minutes on high heat and for 4-5 minutes on low heat. (Another way is to put molds into pot, fill pot with water up to half height of molds, then steam while covered with lid)
- Cool each mold with water, and cool further in refrigerator. Remove from molds, and serve on plates.