Fluffy and easy to make using a pan
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- * Amounts for pan 20 cm (about 7-3/4 in.) in diameter.
- Sift the flour well.
- Crack open the eggs into a bowl and add the sugar. Then using a whipper or hand mixer, beat the eggs until they are pale and thick.
- Add the mirin, honey and soy sauce, and continue to beat.
- Add the flour to (1), and using a rubber spatula, mix until smooth.
- Lightly oil a pan with oil using kitchen paper and pour in the batter (4). Hold the pan slightly above the table and drop to release air bubbles. Place the pan over low heat and cook covered for 8 minutes.
- Flip the pan over and transfer the cake to a plate. Return the cake to the pan upside down, and cook covered for 5 minutes over low heat. (When difficult to remove, use a rubber spatula to create space around the edges)
- Allow to cool, and cut into bite-size pieces.