Refreshing and easy-to-make pickles using yuzu, a popular Japanese citrus fruit
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Divide the cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
Thickly peel the white turnips, and cut each into 6-8 pieces.
Lightly salt (not included in ingredients) and set aside.
- Make the pickling liquid (A) by boiling the rice vinegar and water, then adding and dissolving the sugar and salt.
- Place the cauliflower in a heat resistant bowl, and soak in the pickling liquid (2).
Cover the bowl securely with plastic wrap and set aside to cool.
Make sure all of the cauliflower is submerged in the liquid.
- Once (3) cools, wash the white turnips (1) and add them after drying.
Then, add the yuzu juice and peels and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
*Can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.