Yuzu (also commonly known as Japanese citron, Japanese lemon, or yuzu citrus) is used mostly for its zest. Dried yuzu is sometimes used with spices, and its juice is added to various hotpot simmered dishes.
- Has vitamin C
- Aroma and slightly acidic taste whet the appetite
How to pick and store
- Yuzu with bumpy, moist skin surface are the best.
- Store in the refrigerator using a vegetable storage bag.
- Thinly remove the peel, and use it as garnish for soups and dressed dishes or to add extra flavor to meals.
- Add the juice to dressings, ponzu (Japanese citrus sauce) or other sauces.