Yuzu, or Japanese citron, is used mostly for its zest. Dried yuzu is sometimes used with spices, and its juice is added to various hotpot simmered dishes.
- Has vitamin C
- Aroma and slightly acidic taste whet the appetite
How to pick and store
- Yuzu with bumpy, moist skin surfaces are the best.
- Store in the refrigerator using a vegetable storage bag.
- Thinly remove the peel, and use it as garnish for soups and dressed dishes, or to add extra flavor to meals.
- Add the juice to dressing, ponzu or other sauces.