Fully utilizes the natural taste of sweet potatoes
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- This recipe is for use with a 18x18 cm (about 7x7 in.) mold or container.
The time needed to cool and solidify is not included.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 2 cm (3/4 in.) thick rounds.
Then, thickly peel them and rinse in water to remove any scum.
- Place (1) into a pot with plenty of water, and pour out the water when it comes to a boil.
Fill the pot again with water and bring it to a gentle boil.
Place the sweet potatoes in a strainer and mash them while still hot.
- Pour (A) into a pot and add the sugar and soy sauce.
- Add and stir (2) into (3).
Pour the contents into a container or mold, and cool in a refrigerator to solidify.
Cut into several portions to serve.