Spicy meat sauce with soy sauce goes perfectly well with rice
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Chop the onion and bell pepper, then grate the garlic.
Put 1-1/2 Tbsp of the onions, 1/2 Tbsp of the bell peppers and a pinch of garlic aside for the hot sauce, and use the rest for the meat sauce.
- Put the tomatoes and juice in a blender, and blend with 100 ml (1/2 US cup) of water.
- Make the meat sauce.
Pour the salad oil in a frying pan and heat over low medium heat.
Saute the onions and garlic, then when translucent, add and saute the bell peppers.
When the vegetables are tender, add the ground beef and cook while making sure it does not form large clumps.
When cooked, add the carrots and (A), and then stir well.
- Sprinkle in the Kikkoman Soy Sauce, and cook until most of the liquid has cooked down.
Add 3/5 of (2) and cook for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Season with salt as desired.
- Make the hot sauce.
Add the remaining onions, bell peppers, garlic and (2) in a small pot and cook for 10 minutes over low heat while stirring occasionally.
Add the chili peppers and season with salt.
- Serve the rice on plates, cover with the meat sauce (4), then top with the lettuce, cheese, red onions and tomatoes.
Pour on desired amount of hot sauce (5) and enjoy.