Flavorful with castella pancakes sandwiching red bean paste and cream cheese
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Makes 4 dorayaki
- Dissolve and mix together (A).
- Sift the flour and set aside.
- Whisk the egg and sugar in a bowl, then add (2), (1) and (B) in order and mix well.
Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Add the boiled red beans to a pot and place over low heat while stirring to cook away any liquid.
Divide into 4 portions and let cool.
- Bring the cream cheese (C) to room temperature and knead with the sugar.
- Lightly oil a heated frying pan, then place on a wet dish towel.
Pour 1/8 of (3) so it is round and has a diameter of about 6 to 7 cm (about 2-1/2 in.) and cook over low heat lidded.
Remove and let cool.
Repeat for the remaining 7 pancakes.
- Cover one side of 4 pancakes (6) with (4) and (5) and sandwich together.